Manufacturers, Industry, and Warehousing
What type of space do you need?
- Pad Ready sites from 1 Acre to over 100 Acres
- Bulk Land - We have that (With utilities at the perimeter)
- Rail Access - We have parcels with access to CNRR
- Highway Access - US RT 136 and US RT51 meet in Heyworth, excellent access to and from the highway.
- Office or Retail Space - Properties ready for tenant fit out, build to suit, build to lease, developers in town are ready to work with you.
What about travel time? - As fast as being in town, if not faster
Always a concern is how fast can you get to your customers? Locating in Heyworth is a logical choice, you can be to Rivian in less than 20 minutes in a commercial vehicle, that is only about 5 minutes longer than it takes to get from North Normal and the same amount of time or less than it takes coming from the Airport or anywhere in the southeast part of Bloomington to get to Rivian. Heyworth has diesel fuel available 24hours a day just minutes from developable parcels meaning that your drivers won't have to take a 20 minute detour to re-fuel before making another run saving you time, reducing operating costs, and making your drivers happy. Many of the commercial and industrial properties in Bloomington are not located near a convenient fueling source for commercial vehicles. Traffic is rarely busy in Heyworth and with primary roads your entire route you can count on reliable travel times.
Utility Capacity? - We've got it
Heyworth has ample water and sewer capacity to meet most needs, currently we can supply up to 500,000 gallons per day with no operational changes to our water plant. With minor upgrades we can increase that capacity to over 1.2 million gallons a day. Ameren runs a high pressure gas line to Heyworth and is currently upgrading the line to supply more capacity and higher pressures ensuring future needs can be met. Ameren maintains dual electric service feeds into Heyworth minimizing potential outages and downtime. A new bulk supply electric sub station is also on the books for the south side of Heyworth to further increase capacity and reliability. Need good internet, Heyworth has multiple providers including independent providers beyond the traditional franchised or legacy providers. We can help you connect with a provider that meets your need for speed and uptime.
Development Incentives? - Standard packages ready to go.
Heyworth has standard development agreements that streamline TIF reimbursement, and other development incentives. No need to worry about multiple boards or bodies agreeing to something only to have the last one hold out. In Heyworth you can work directly with the Economic Development Committee to make your dream a reality, without hassle and in a timely manner.
What about long term operating costs? - Heyworth is the place to keep those low.
Come winter time you will find that Heyworth Streets are clean and safe shortly after a snow event is concluded. Look at our utility rates, some of the lowest in the area, with ample reserves to limit the size of future rate hikes, an no special charges for fire service lines. Property Tax Rates, again Heyworth property tax rates are lower than Normal's rate and likely to drop in the coming year (When was the last time you heard a government body say that!). When all the cards are on the table, Heyworth is were you want to locate.
Who can I talk to if I want to know more?
Give us a call, stop by, set up a virtual meet, we can get you the information you need to make an informed decision.
- Questions about infrastructure, access, and developable land can be sent to Village Engineer/Director of Public Works, David Shafer, P.E., P.L.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Village Hall at 309-473-2811.
- Questions about developable land, economic incentives, the development process can be addressed to Village Attorney/Village Administrator, Geoff Dodds at email@example.com or call Village Hall at 309-473-2811.