The Village of Heyworth Volunteer Park, also known as Merle Shannon Park (named after a former Mayor of Heyworth), is located behind Heyworth Village Hall.
Volunteer Park includes numerous amenities, including:
- Splash Park - Enjoy a fun filled day at the kid friendly splash park that includes numerous features. The Splash pad is open 9am - 9pm from May 1 - September 30.
- Playground Equipment - Volunteer Park has playground equipment for children of all ages! Enjoy a playground for 2-5 year-olds and 5-12 year-olds!
- Basketball Courts - Want to shoot some hoops? Enjoy the basketball courts at Volunteer Park.
- Gazebo - Want to relax in the shade or have a small event? Enjoy the gazebo and picnic tables located at the Volunteer Park gazebo.
- Public Restrooms - Volunteer Park offers a restroom facility conveniently located next to the splash park and playground equipment.
- Ample Parking - Find ample parking located around Volunteer Park.